Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Meme Before Work

Got this from Leigh.

  1. Gone on a blind date? Nope. I might, if ever given the opportunity.

  2. Skipped school? Not unless going to orthodontist appointments counts!

  3. Watched someone die? Not directly in front of my eyes, but I was kept notified by phone and was "almost" there when my sister passed.

  4. Been to Canada? Yep! Spent about 3 weeks in Peterbourough.

  5. Been to Mexico? When I was very small and my mother was still married to "The Slime", aka my biological father.

  6. Been to Florida? Oh yes. Junior year in high school, my high school and another high school took a combined band down to play during the "Disney Music Days" at Disney World. VERY good times.

  7. Have you ever been on a plane? Too many times to count.

  8. Been lost? Yep, but I never hesitate to stop and ask people if I have no clue where in the freak I'm going.

  9. Been on the opposite side of the country? Yep. Been to NY.

  10. Gone to Washington, DC? Yes. I stayed with a college friend who lives in a burb of D.C. over spring break 3 years back. Her father lived in D.C. for awhile, so one day she, me, my roommate, her brother Conrad, her parents and her grandparents all piled into 2 cars and, armed with 2 2-way radios, Cedric proceeded to point out places of interest to us.

  11. Swam in the ocean? When I was young.

  12. Had your booze taken away by the cops? Don't drink booze...so no. Now, if you asked some of my friends on the other hand...

  13. Lettered in a high school sport? No, but I did letter in band!

  14. Cried yourself to sleep? Yep. Especially these last few months.

  15. Played cops and robbers? Heck yes. Good times in AZ with Brian.

  16. Played dolls? Some, but even from an early age, I preferred to read.

  17. Recently colored with crayons? Not recently.

  18. Sang Karaoke? Of course. LOVE to sing.

  19. Paid for a meal with coins only? Yep. Do this at work all the time.

  20. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Yeah. I told myself I wouldn't get attached to people again...but I did.

  21. Cheated on an exam? Nope. I was always a straight arrow.

  22. Made prank phone calls? Yep. Me and my friend Rachel did, and I even pulled out my Scottish accent for the occasion.

  23. Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? Yeah. My uncle Lance made me laugh while I was drinking some water. Not pretty.

  24. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes.

  25. Danced in the rain? Yep. Me and Byron (my partner on my university ballroom dance team) once did a waltz in the rain. It was cool.

  26. Written a letter to Santa Claus? Never.

  27. Been kissed under the mistletoe? *snort* I've never been kissed period, lol!

  28. Watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Ummm...does my cat count?

  29. How about Sunsets? Yeah. Saw some nice ones in Florida with the band.

  30. Been arrested? Never.

  31. Gone ice-skating? When I was REALLY small...but I remember enjoying it.

  32. Been skinny dipping outdoors? HELL no. The Western World at large does NOT need to see me "au natural".

  33. Had a nickname? Yeah. Most of them have not been very nice, but in 1st grade, I was called "Monkey" because I frequented the monkey bars, then I was "Fresca" for a few years. Once I got to high school, I was "Frodo" all 4 years. Once college came, it was shortened to "Fro" and that's what I go by to this day, although Byron has (and always will, I think,) called me "Ska."

  34. Been to Africa? Nope. I have a friend, Simon who has and he would send me letter and tell me what he saw.

  35. Eaten cookies for dinner? Last night, as a matter of fact!

  36. Been on TV? Once, and in a crowd.

  37. Stolen any traffic signs? Nope. I'm so boring.

  38. Been in a car accident? Yes. 2 years ago, I was driving my mother's car when I over corrected twice, the car did a 180 into the opposite lane before rolling two and a half times and going right into a ditch. Amazingly enough, the only injuries I had were some small glass cuts on my hands. Not even a mark from the seatbelt. A lot of people told me I was "lucky", but I firmly believe that I was blessed.

  39. What is your mother's name? Cheryl

  40. Favorite drink? Water.

  41. Favorite alcohol? Don't drink.

  42. Birthplace? Emmett, Idaho.

  43. Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere with lots of ethnic food for me to eat and music to go listen to.

  44. Favorite salad dressing? Any kind of Ranch.

  45. Favorite pie? Blueberry.

  46. Favorite number? 22

  47. Favorite Movie? Probably "The Shadowlands". It stars Anthony Hopkins and Deborah Winger. It's based on the life of C.S. Lewis and it is AMAZING.

  48. Favorite holiday? Don't particularly like holidays.

  49. Favorite food? Hands down, Indian curry. I could eat that FOREVER.

  50. Favorite day of the week? My day off, lol.

  51. Favorite body wash? Anything, as long as I don't stink.

  52. Favorite toothpaste? Whatever's on sale.

  53. Favorite smell? Basmati rice cooking on the stove with beef curry simmering in the pot beside it.

  54. Do you have any tattoos? No way, yo! I hate needles.

  55. Body piercings? One in each ear.

  56. Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 door vehicle.

  57. What do you do to relax? Talk to friends, surf the web, post on my blog, sing, play guitar, write, read.

  58. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully with my debts paid off, and a bachelor's and master's of education under my belt and rooms full of middle schoolers that I will convince to like Social Studies...

5 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

#58-Good for you! And girl, you need to come down to the gulf and take it in. Swim in those waters. So invigorating-to me anyway.

Snark Meister said...

Hmmm...when I get my debt paid off, I may have to do just that. I could also try to get in a lesson with Fabian...that has merit.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

But of course. He'd be the one to go to!

Snark Meister said...

He seems like a fun guy and someone that you'd be able to be relaxed enough around to truly be able to learn something. I like other dancers but I know that they would scare me stuff. I might drool a little, but Fabian wouldn't scare me, lol! And do NOT tell him I said that!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I will not. LOL!