Saturday, June 28, 2008

5 Favorite Things

1. Not being sick. I have a cold right now and I REALLY hate having to blow my nose every two seconds...gross!

2. Reading. I love to pick up books on any subject under the sun, curl up, and either learn something new or else allow myself to be swept off on an adventure.

3. Music. I've been playing the piano since I was 8, and music has always been an intrinsic part of my life. Even as a little kid, I remember my mother playing "The Blue Danube Waltz" on the piano and I would spin around in circles until I got dizzy. She would also play ragtime and I would bounce around the living room. Music is how I relax, or even get myself ready for my day. I associate memories and people with songs. Music is pretty much everything to me.

4. Laughter. A lot of times, things may look very bleak but if you can just laugh about it, somehow it seems less bad. Laughter can truly be good medicine and it's also a way for people to come together. I've found that sharing something funny with people and laughing with them about it encourages them to share something of themselves as well. It's a great equalizer.

5. Friends. There are times in my life when I NEVER would have made it through without friends around me, constantly supporting me, trying to help me when they could, and just generally making sure things were okay. I wouldn't trade any of my friends for the world.

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I would also have put numbers 3-5...but the five favorites were vague as descriptive. I noticed the other lady put hers as material items, so I guessed that was what she was asking. If not that then definately 3-5 for me.
I woulkd have answered mine very differently.